Wednesday, August 28, 2013

REVIEW ON BIOTHERM PURE.FECT SKIN RANGE-ANTI-SHINE PURIFYING CLEANSING GEL,MICRO EXFOLIATING PURIFYING TONER&PURE SKIN EFFECT HYDRATING GEL

I was very lucky to win a set of Biotherm product. Biotherm products are consider as those high end brands and I wish I could afford them when i was a student listening to how good these products are. Well, my dreams actually come true. Miss Corrine from Juniper Journal actually pick me as the winner and I got my wish came true =)  .


I have been trying this for around one month.  Before I share my experience with the products, I would just update the condition on my skin.  I have combination(normal on cheeks+ oily on nose) acne prone + sensitive skin. So, what I experience will be different from those with different skin than me.


This is going to be a long post on three of these products.


Pure.Fect Skin. Featuring L.Digitata, a powerful marine algae that produces a powerful purifying anti-bacterial protection, this complete range helps to matify your skin while keeping it hydrated, balanced, and clear of imperfections.


1. ANTI-SHINE PURIFYING CLEANSING GEL(cleanser),
2 MICRO EXFOLIATING PURIFYING TONER(toner)
3 PURE SKIN EFFECT HYDRATING GEL (moisturizer)

1. ANTI-SHINE PURIFYING CLEANSING GEL(cleanser),
2 MICRO EXFOLIATING PURIFYING TONER(toner)
3 PURE SKIN EFFECT HYDRATING GEL (moisturizer)










1. ANTI-SHINE PURIFYING CLEANSING GEL
Direction: Use every morning and evening.
Wet the face with water, pour the gel into the palm of your hand, lather and apply in light dabs all over the face, avoiding eye contours.
Rinse off thoroughly with water and dry. Proceed to apply usual skincare treatment.

This cleanser is meant for normal to oily skin. This cleanser is just gel like and transparent. Be careful when pressing the tube as one need one very little gel liquid to lather up a huge amount of foam. The tube is made with plastic but the wording wouldn’t fade even after so many times of rough handling. Simple and good packaging. The cleanser doesn’t come with a box.

The words at the back of the tube of cleanser are full with French words but lucky the list of ingredients is in English. I got a lousy camera so can’t a take picture of the words. The first two ingredients are aqua and glycerin. It also contains lauric acid, zinc sulfate and Argilla vitreoscilla ferment. These ingredients are beneficial for acne prone skin.


It got a nice relaxing smell and cleans off even my makeup. Don’t let get into the eye area though as it may sting the eyes. My face does feel cleaner and less oiler compare to when I am using the Cetaphil gentle cleanser. It doesn’t dry out the area though or make me breakouts.








the bottle with the cap


behind the toner bottle with cap on



top view with the plastic sticker on

top view with the sticker remove



2.  MICRO EXFOLIATING PURIFYING TONER
Direction: Use daily, morning and evening, to clean skin. Soak a cotton pad with toner. Smooth the whole face, from middle to outside. Repeat until cotton pad wipes clean.
Dry skin by applying a tissue on face and gently pressing it with both hands to absorb excess liquid.


This toner is meant for combination skin to oily skin. So, don’t use this if you have dry skin because it contains alcohol. Moreover, don’t try to use this as mask as this contains alcohol. I don’t mean to say alcohol is bad but it will just clean the skin from sebum especially those with oily skin. I only use this on my T-zone area and this is really refreshing. It does help to prevent sebum which I think is good.

The bottle is made of plastic with non-fading words. One would have twist the cap (white) like taking out a screw until the cap came out. I think it is troublesome and I still find some toner got spill out if I accidentally drop it to the floor before I twist the cap. Other than, I like the packaging. The toner doesn’t come with a box.  So, inside the toner, there is a plastic sticker than you will remove before using.

The toner smell the same as the cleanser with a hint of alcohol. The smell disappear after applying though.





pure fect  skin effect gel

the cap for travelling

the bottle with the cap


the unique box



3.  PURE SKIN EFFECT HYDRATING GEL

Direction: Use every morning and / or evening on cleansed and toned skin. Place one dose into the palm of the hand. Using both hands, smooth over the face in an outward pattern starting from the centre. Finish by the neck. Avoid eye contour.

This moisturizer comes with a box wrap in thin plastic wrapper. The box is really nice and if you open the box, you will realize that there is the plankton design on the inner of the box. It is actually the picture of the Pure Thermal Plankton inside which has the ability to detect impurities and reduce them. Pretty and I just keep the box. I love the design of their moisturizer as the bottle is so cute and easily to hold =). They have the transparent cap to prevent spillage. I think that is thoughtful. The silver part does not fade even after using it for some time. So, no worries of dirtying your hands with silver dust later.

Unlike the ingredient printed on their bottles, the list of ingredients are printed on the box. The first four ingredients are aqua& glycerin, alcohol denat and dimethicone. There is also salicylic acid and zinc sulfate. This moisturiser is meant for combination skin to oily skin. So, don’t use this if you have dry skin as it can be irritating. It is really gel like and disappear into the skin after applying. It does moisturize and hydrate the skin. I find that the mortifying effect only last on my nose for about 6 hours. After that it will show sign of oiliness but still not as oily as if I am not using aything. On, the area that is normal, it is really well hydrated through the day.

The moisturizer smell amazing too =) . I find that the moisturizer does help to reduce the pimples or problematic area. I had pimples/acne because I couldn’t sleep well so I broke out. This does help to control the problem. I think those with combination skin would love this gel like texture.

Overall, I think this range is more suitable for oily skin than skin like mine. I still use them though but only in the morning when I need oil control and acne prevention =). It can be quite drying to my skin if I use it day and night. These products help with the acne prevention and oil control.

If you are unsure, you can buy their trial kit which only cost RM40 for 3 products that contain 20ml each. It is not expensive at all. I got this information from Juniper Journal.




I have tried using the whole products for 2 weeks and here is the results.

click to enlarge






ANTI-SHINE PURIFYING CLEANSING GEL(cleanser), RM95 for 125ml
MICRO EXFOLIATING PURIFYING TONER(toner), 200ml for RM98
PURE SKIN EFFECT HYDRATING GEL(moisturizer),50ml for RM135

Trial kit, RM40 for three 20ml products.
For more information, please visit official website Biotherm Malaysia.
This is not sponsored products.
However, the opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

Follow me on my blog and social media sites:

Have a great day =)