Monday, June 23, 2014

REVIEW ON DR.CHECK HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING-DUPE OF DUO DERM HYDRO COLLOID DRESSING?

While other people are talking about all sort of ways to get rid of acne and the scars, many were talking about the amazing Duo Derm hydrocolloid dressing for healing acne.  Just google and I can see so many were talking about how amazing Duo Derm on getting rid of the pain and help with healing acne.

Unfortunately in Malaysia we do not have Duo Derm in the local pharmacies.  Personally I tried Nexcare so many times to no avail.  Maybe it is just my skin that is not compatible with Nexcare. I tried it many times but I have to surrender to the fact that it won't work for my type of acne.  I think Nexcare won't work on cystic acne or the type that is already inflamed because of picking on it. I have itchy hands and I just can't help it. Yes, I pop every single pimples even knowing that it will cause more damage. Please don't POP your acne.  So, back to my story here.

I was literary checking out every pharmacies for this Duo Derm hydrocolloid.  Of course, after hearing so many good wonders about it, I am very INTERESTED.  I found this DR.Check when was going shelves to shelves in Watsons.  I bought it immediately as if it doesn't work on my acne, at least I can use for cuts or as first aid.  This hydrocolloid dressing is actually a type of band aid so one could it even in emergency and not just on acne itself.

 HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING


 HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING



 HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING


There are two type of packaging but I only have this one because the other finished.


 HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING

  HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING

 HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING

One need to get rid of the protective wing like plaster.  Paste it on the wound.  The only take out the blue seal.  The hydrocolloid will turn into jelly type of plaster after 1hour.


 HYDROCOLLOID DRESSING
This how the hydrocolloid looks on the skin

It is basically almost transparent if a person see you from far.


Overall, it does help to get rid of the pain and heal the acne faster than Nexcare.  If you are looking for something to help the broken skin cause by picking on it, then I would recommend this.  It won't work for cystic acne-the type that is just deep painful but doesn't have bump on top of the skin.

Products retails at about RM10 for a 10 hydrocolloid dressing at Watsons. I am not sure if one can find it elsewhere.  I saw it in Watsons Midvalley. There is also the one piece which you can cut into smaller pieces.  I would suggest one to  buy that because it works better than this smaller 'band aid' version.

Product is not sponsored.  The opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)