Tuesday, September 30, 2014

FOOD REVIEW:MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES/MY KUALI PENANG HOKKIEN MEE UDANG

MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES/MY KUALI PENANG HOKKIEN MEE UDANG
MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES





MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES/MY KUALI PENANG HOKKIEN MEE UDANG
the bac of MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES

MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES/MY KUALI PENANG HOKKIEN MEE UDANG
MY KUALI HOKKIEN PENANG PRAWN NOODLES- I add my own egg and vegetables





I wrote about the Famous Penang White Curry and  I am back with another review after seeing this in the Giant. I am not a person who likes to eat instant noodles but when I saw the title of the instant noodles, it pique on my interest which is food. I might look like I have strong control over my eating habits but in reality it is hard if and I tend to break my ‘strict diet’ few times in a month. After all, I am just a normal human being after all and the word Hokkien Prawn Noodles is just screaming that I have to try it and I ended buying it without remembering how I took it at the first place.

I guess it has been long since I ate prawn mee. Hokkien is actually a dialect and not a race. There are a lot of Hokkien style of cooking but well I can’t remember as I will just eat them as long the food taste good. In the South, Hokkien noodles means the long black colour noodles but in the North, Hokkien noodles means prawn noodles. I know it is difficult but even I have no idea who makes the rules for the North and South version of Hokkien noodles. Overall, do take note of it because food in the Northern region and the Southern region of Peninsular Malaysia are different from each other.

Penang Hokkien Prawn noodles is actually spicy with prawns. Of course there is no fresh prawn inside this instant noodle but there are dried shrimps as well as fried onions which are good. The soup is very fragrant with prawns and the sambal.

The Hokkien Penang prawn mee might shock you into thinking that your stomach will do the somersault but it won’t unless you can’t tolerate even a little of spiciness. The spiciness is just right and I love the tangy noodles. I would say that I like this prawn noodles way better than the white curry which does not leave any much impression on me.



Well, at least My Kuali Penang Hokkien Prawn noodles will satisfy me when I am pinning for northern prawn noodles.


Products retails at RM7.90 for packet of four. It is available at Giant and other supermarket or you can even order online now.

For more information, please visit official website My Kuali . This is not a sponsored review.  However, the opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)