Saturday, March 22, 2014

FOOD REVIEW ON MY KUALI PENANG WHITE CURRY NOODLE


MY KUALI PENANG WHITE CURRY NOODLE
MY KUALI PENANG WHITE CURRY NOODLE THE THREE PACKET THAT COMES WITH THE NOODLES


When this My Kuali Penang White Curry became a viral item throughout Malaysia, it was sold out all over. Even my mum who doesn’t like eating instant noodles have suddenly asked me about this. She told me that one DJ said it was SUPERX10 delicious??????

Well, then I goggle up and saw many ‘amazing’ review about this instant noodles. There are a lot at the place I am staying to the point I think nobody knows about and I was surprised that many said it was sold out at other places especially Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

I am a curious person especially when it comes to food and so I bought it because many food bloggers said it was delicious.


So, here is how it looks like. It comes with the three packet or chillies, cream, sambal and the noodles. I know it look very spicy, red and appetizing right? Yes, I was fooled by the appearances. Those vegetables are added on my own XP . It smelt very good when I was cooking it probably because of the noodles.

I was actually disappointed when I took the first bite into the noodles. The noodles just doesn't go well with the soup. It does not suck up the flavour of the soup base making the noodles tasteless. I can say that the soup is spicy but at the same time it is bland because the curry powder covers everything. I can hardly taste any herbs used in cooking because the ‘boring’ curry powder overpowered it. Overall, there is only spiciness and it made my tongue swell. However, spicy is not a taste but just a reaction from chillies. No sweetness, no sour, no amazing smells of mixture of curry herbs that can make me cry.

Sigh, I really wanted to say I like this but this is so much different from the curry noodles I usually eat. I know that I am such a picker but seriously something must done about that strong bland curry powder. It is as if I could taste the cheap curry powder with this My Kuali Penang White Curry. It might taste good for others but for a person who grew up eating curry noodles every day, this is disappointing.

So if you have such a picky person like me, I don’t think you would really enjoy eating this.
 Oh, by the way I found that using our own vermicelli with their soup base makes it taste better. In fact many find it delicious than using the noodles that comes with the packet.  OH,  do not add in the cream if you can. That is what makes the soup smell funny.


 I think probably My Kuali should think about their soup base and also their noodles.  Curry noodles doesn’t taste good because of the soup but the noodles is important as well.



Products retails at RM6.90 for packet of four. It is available at Giant and other supermarket or you can even order online now.
For more information, please visit official website My Kuali . Products are not sponsored.  However, the opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

2 comments:

  1. At last! Thanks for reviewing this as I really was so curious about it ever since hearing about it from a food blogger. I thought the soup would be white. It looks spicy in the photo but yes, appearances can be as deceiving as thinking someone is friendly haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi The Intrepid Beauty =) . Hahaha, I spoil all the nice review. You might change your perception of it when you try it later since everyone have different taste. True, looks can be very deceiving and it is not good to judge a book from its cover.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)