Saturday, July 18, 2015

KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE 2015 FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN

Many had actually emailed me and asked me to recommend products for acne prone skin.  Actually I am not in a position to tell what you should buy because I haven't get to try all the products in the world as well as my limited knowledge to what I had tried and what works for me.  Besides, I am not a certified dermatologist who is trained with many years of knowledge about skin.

KOREAN SKINCARE ROUTINE 2015 FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN

I am just a self-taught person who through trial and errors found products suitable for me.

Before getting whatever I use, please check your age, skin types, your allergies(acne prone skin are known to be allergic to few things namely nuts, milk, sugar or medicine) and your type of acne (cystic, small localised bumps, pustules, blackheads or whiteheads).

Currently my skin is not bad but it is not perfect.  I still have those box scars and only procedure can remove it.  By the way, if you are pregnant, then I don't suggest you to use exactly what I used.


I am actually already in my late 20s so the type of skincare products I used are different from teenagers because adult skin can't take any harsh beating. Skin also heal way slower than the teenagers thus the scars =( .

Nevertheless here is what I actually use when I have pimples/trouble/acne.


Cleanser

Natural skincare cleanser- a'kin sandalwood and neroli pure facial cleansing gel (combination skin)
Drugstore - cetaphil gentle skin cleanser (dry skin) (if you do not mind paraben) Amazon link
Ayurveda-Himalaya Purifying gel cleanser (for oily skin and for men) Amazon Link


These two are my favourite cleansers after trying so many in the market.  Cetaphil has paraben if you don't mind.  I don't use cleanser specifically for acne because they are mostly drying.



Acne/pimples cream
Hoe T3 Mycin Clindamycin Gel 1% (afternoon)
Review on Differin (only at night) Amazon link
zinc oxide and calamine for acne prone skin (sensitive skin)
Tea tree (oily skin)
nixoderm (oily skin) Amazon link


Here are my few favourites.  I had tried so many and will still come back to these.  They are not from expensive brands but they work wonders.  Clindamycin is a type of antibiotic so stay away from it if you are allergic to aspirin or antibiotic.  Differin is a type of gentle retinoid but I think one need prescription if you are from the US.  In Malaysia, you can just get it from pharmacies.

Pure tea tree oil is generally recommended for oily skin type and do not use it too much as it is can be toxic.  It works.

Nixoderm is actually sulfur and it works wonderfully but do not apply too much as it will burnt your face.  Mmm, after all beauty is pain?

I love calamine to heal the skin and to reduce the size of the pimples but of course you can only use it at night or else looking like a ghost with white patches around the face.


If you are into Korean acne prone skin then do check these popular Korean brands
Enca (oily skin)
Ciracle pimples series
Chica Y Chico Tota 
CORSX

Moisturiser

Klairs moist soothing (dry skin)
Skinmiso pore zero night Cream
Marula oil (sensitive skin)

It is really important to use moisturiser since acne prone skin get irritated when it is dry.  Even if you have oily skin, you should use one.  Marula oil works the best on irritated skin but it is the most expensive one out of the four but if you have the money, you should try it.



Blackheads&whitehead

skinmiso pore beauty nose pack from koreaIf you only have blackheads and whiteheads on the nose then try this.  I think it is still the best even after trying so many brands for blackheads and whiteheads.  This is the only one that hasn't fail me and still work despite using it for few years.



If you are wondering why I didn't recommend toner, serum or emulsion, it is because my skin is too irritated to be able to use too many things when I have pimples so I will just use few products.  You should use sunscreen during the day even when you have pimples to prevent further damage to the skin.


The opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.





Follow me on my blog and social media sites:




Have a great day =)