Friday, February 14, 2020

FOOD REVIEW: BULDAK SAMYANG HOT CHICKEN FLAVOUR RAMEN STEW TYPE

Hi foodies,

Today review is this Buldak Samyang Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen Stew which I tried out of curiousity.

Samyang Foods, Inc. was established in 1961 produced Korea’s First Ramen in September 1963.  During that time, rice and mixed grains were scarce and so the efforts to overcome the food shortage created Samyang Ramen.





The Hot Chicken stir-fried noodles has become very popular in China.  The representative character is named Hochi.   Their other products are Samayang Ramen, Chacharoni, Kimchi Ramen, Sutah Ramen.  There are some only for export such as YUKGAEJANG 육개장, Samyang Cup Ramen (BEEF), Potato Ramen 감자라면 etc.


The Buldak Extra Spicy Roasted Chicken Ramen has a rating of about 8,000 Scoville Heat Units but it is not the most spicy so I thought this chicken flavor ramen should be okay.  This one is about 4400 SHU.

I mean my level of spiciness is just medium which is about tiki masala or tabasco at around 2,500 SHU or Sriracha at around 2,200 SHU since I just don't enjoy the sweating and feeling my tongue swell up bigger than the size they are.


Packaging: It comes inside a plastic packet written with English wording along with pictures on how to cook it so it is easy to understand.  It is certified Halal.  Inside there is the powder and the sauce.  As this is the stew type, only add in the sauce after done with the cooking.


Review: I was fooled by the look of it. I added all the sauce and powder and so I had instant regret 😭 .  Don't be like me, add in only a bit if you are fearful incase it is too spicy.  I had to choice but to proceed with eating it.  If you could see my face, tears swelling up on my eyes, sweating profusely, my lips and tongue swell up.  I ran over to the fridge and got some milk chocolate and instantly ate that up since I have yogurt or milk stuff.  I also proceed to eat bananas, rice and salted tofu to reduce the damage that it has on my stomach. My stomach hates me because I can feel the 'heat' from it.


Overall, Samyang Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen Stew is not my type of noodles unless your tolerance of spiciness is high.  I think I will just stick to their mild version Kimchi flavour  which is available on Amazon from now on.  I prefer their mild version noodles better.


Product retails for
Samyang Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen Stew Type 145g x 5 on Amazon
Made in Korea

For more information, please visit Samyang official website and Samyang Instagram .  Food is not sponsored. However, the opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

** I make a very small commission if you click on my Amazon affliates links to purchase. Commission helps keep my blog running. I would be most appreciative if you used my links.

Follow me on my blog and social media sites:


Youtube //  Instagram // Twitter // Bloglovin' // Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)