Thursday, August 14, 2014

REVIEW ON CARBONATED WATER, SPARKLING WATER (KOREAN TREND IN 2014)

Carbonated water (also known as club soda, soda water, sparkling water, seltzer water or fizzy water)

I wrote Here and Here about some of the Korean trends. It has became really popular to clean the skin with carbonated water and there are so many products using carbonated water or another word for it would be sparkling water.  Even Laneige came up with the sparkling water mask.

Many Korean and Japanese celebrities use this carbonated water in their skincare routines and was said that it helps to clean the pores for a flawless skin.  Of course everyone would want flawless skin right?

Thanks to that I have finally decided to give it a try and so I bought this carbonated drink Spritzer from Giant.  I was curious on the taste and so I decided to drink.  The results?  It taste just like mineral water and with a bubble popping inside the mouth.  My stomach was a little warm and I was wonder if it is just me feeling that.  Do not have to worry as it do not contain any sugar or calories.

1.  Prepare 1:1 ratio of carbonated water and mineral water for the cleansing.
2.  Wash your face first.
3. Then dip your face inside the water with the eyes close for 10 seconds.
4.  Do not rinse.  Just wait for the face to dry and follow with your skincare routine.
5.  Use it once in a week for sensitive and dry skin.

CARBONATED WATER, SPARKLING WATER (KOREAN TREND IN 2014)

CARBONATED WATER, SPARKLING WATER (KOREAN TREND IN 2014)



So, the results.  I don't know if it is this brand or me alone.  There is no bubbles forming at my face when I dip my face in it probably the concentration for this brand is not high enough.  It just feel like washing my face with plain water.

I did it 3 times in a week and my face were less oiler.  It is good to help regulate the oil in the pores but other than that I am not sure what it will do.  One would have to do it more than one month to see obvious results such brightening and cleaner face.  As for me, I am too lazy to keep dipping my face in the water so I stop doing it already after 2 weeks.

I prefer to just buy products that contain higher concentration of those carbonated water in it to see much faster effect.  I am not patience enough for this.

So, have you tried this carbonated water or sparkling water trend?


Products retails at RM3.90 per bottle of 1L.  For more information, please visit Spritzer official website. Product is not sponsored.  However, the opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

Follow me on my blog and social media sites:

2 comments:

  1. Oho! This is such an interesting trend. I wonder if it works better with different kinds of sparkling water. Of course using our own improvised sparkling water to water ratio is much cheaper than buying carbonated water skincare, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juniper! I wonder too about using different sparkling water as I checked that the content of mineral in the sparkling water is different. Too bad there is only this brand where I live. It is sure cheaper to use the sparkling water than buying carbonated skincare but I think again the effect is different. I think the Korean now are washing their face with carbonated water weekly besides using carbonated skincare products to clean their pores better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)