Sunday, August 3, 2014

FOOD REVIEW ON YUEN FATT MOONCAKES

Chinese Valentine Day which is the Mid Autumn festival is coming.  It is actually the celebration for the Chinese community.  I remembered the lantern and mooncakes that I ate throughout the years.  The unforgettable one I ate was the Green tea flavoured mooncake which tasted like eating perfume.  My whole face turned red from eating it.  The rest of the mooncakes were given by friends and I truly appreciated all of them.


This year, it is the first time I get a box of a very unique mooncakes and I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.  Let's check it out why it is so unique. =)

YUEN FATT MOONCAKES
Address and phone number of YUEN FATT MOONCAKES
YUEN FATT MOONCAKES
YUEN FATT MOONCAKES
 It is the famous Shanghai mooncakes from Kluang.  Beautiful box and I love the look. =) It makes a good gift for your friends and loves one.



YUEN FATT MOONCAKES
YUEN FATT SIGNATURE MOONCAKES
I was wondering what this weird looking pasty was and upon inspection, I realized that it was suppose to be mooncake!  It looks like a banana, rugby ball or some UFO plates to me.
The holes indicates the types of filling is has. Three holes for pandan flavoured and lotus paste.  No holes indicates the black beans paste.  One holes for one egg yolk and two for two egg yolks.


YUEN FATT MOONCAKES
YUEN FATT MOONCAKES PANDAN FLAVOURED.  This is the best flavoured other than lotus paste


What is unique about this Yuen Fatt mooncakes and others lies in the pastry’ crust.  The crust is  similar to pies as it crumbles upon cutting.  It tasted very crispy and would not stick to your mouth.  The sweetness is just nice too.  Eating it with tea is definitely good and well should I say one of the enjoyable moment in life.
Moreover, I am really touched for bringing this all the way from Kluang to Mersing.  The effort is very much appreciated so I decided to put this into my blog for future embalmment of memories.



Sorry, I am not sure how much this cost so I figured it around RM6-RM8 per piece. No pork or lard.


Yuen Fatt Biskut
Address: 39, Jalan Hj Manap Nordin, Kluang Baru, Kluang, Johor
Phone number: 077737107


This is not a sponsored review.  The opinions expressed here are my own and honest as always.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting and visiting ^^

Have a great day =)